New Dredge Under Construction
The steel fabrication department has recently started the steel fabrication works on our 3rd dredge for our 250 mm cutter suction dredge range to expand our current dredge fleet. Works are progressing on time and under budget.
Thus far, the Engine Room/Cabin has been delivered for fit-out, and currently, we are fabricating the pontoons.
This range of dredges is designed to be ultra-portable. The dredge can be easily and cost-effectively transported anywhere globally in two 40′ shipping containers. In addition, it can be assembled on the water, reducing the cranage requirements for launching and retrieving the vessel. The total dry weight of the assembled dredge is approx. 20.5 tonnes.
The Nu Explorer Series of dredges is a small, compact, portable cutter suction dredge easily transportable in 2 x 40’ open top shipping containers. This makes it extremely cost-effective to mobilise anywhere in the world.
The standard unit has a 194kW (260 bhp) Cummins 6CTA8.3-C Engine providing power to the GIW KSB LCC-M 200-610 Slurry Pump and hydraulics. It has a wet slurry pumping capacity of approximately 650 m3/hr and can dredge to a maximum depth of 6.5 metres.
Note: Our experienced team can customise the standard unit to suit your specific requirements.
- Engine: Engines may be changed to suit different kW requirements or customer preference
- Pump: Slurry pump type can be changed to suit site-specific pumping requirements or customer preference
- Controls: Either manual hydraulic controls or electric over hydraulic controls
- Flow Control: Density Gauge, Flow Meter
- Electronics: RTK/DGPS System, PLC Systems, Engine Management Systems
- Other Equipment: Fire Suppression System, Specific Safety Equipment, Air Conditioning