Overview of Project
The Queensland Government Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) has been constructing cycleway infrastructure to connect the Brisbane Central Business District (CBD) and Eight Mile Plains since 1993. The Veloway 1 will link the Brisbane City to the Gateway Motorway off-ramp at Eight Mile Plains once complete. Totalling 17km in length the connection will successfully provide the missing links within the existing cycleway network, ensuring a safe and dedicated commute for cyclists. Stage E is a 4m wide dedicated bike path stretching from Birdwood Road to Gaza Road and comprises of two elevated concrete bridge structures along a length of approximately 2km. The project runs parallel to the existing Pacific Motorway (M3).
Scope of Works
- Neumann Fabrication were awarded the fabrication of the anti-throw screen and balustrade steelwork including bike railing and bridge mounted light brackets.
- Overall, the project consisted of 188T of galvanised and powder coated steelwork which represented 8,264 individual pieces.
- Considering the significant volume of steelwork and logistics of tracking over 8,000 fabricated steel assemblies, the fabrication team utilised Neumann Contractors proven quality assured fabrication management process to ensure all materials and activities were fully traceable to TMR standards and specifications.
- The project presented various scope changes and schedule re-adjustments to suit on site bridge construction and the fabrication workshop responded to the requirements of the overall project objectives and requirements.
- The quality and presentation of the installed steelwork is indicative of the what the Neumann Fabrication team strive to achieve.